Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Proposal

We woke up all cozy, recovering from a fun Christmas Eve dinner with friends.  Will ran out to get some "last minute gifts" and used this time to sneak in a call to my dad and mom to ask for their blessing.  He brought back some long stem roses and little goodies.  We had a lovely little Christmas morning opening the gifts under our very first tree (I got Will a great ratchet set and a lumber-man vest) and enjoyed hanging out together in the quiet, empty wintery city.  

When we finished with the gifts, Will told me there was one more gift I'd forgotten to open.  I crawled around looking under the tree and there was nothing.  I was frustrated and as I stood up, my eyes met the gleaming diamond ring he'd sneakily set on the star fish at the top of the tree.  My jaw dropped, my eyes blurred with tears, and I went into shock.  He got on one knee and said something really sweet... twice.  And then I said YES!  We hung out all day in the apartment smiling at each other.  And at midnight, I asked him to do it all over again.



No comments:

Post a Comment